Thursday, February 26, 2015

NOLA Selfies

Happy Thursday everyone!  It's almost Friday, and I hope you're looking forward to a little bit of crafting this weekend!  We've got some great new cut file sets that are available in The Cut Shoppe today, and I have a new layout to share with you, using the Hello Love 12x12 background cut file.




https://www.etsy.com/listing/224061069/the-hello-love-background-cut-file-is?ref=shop_home_active_1

I decided that I only wanted to use a portion of the 12x12 cut file, so I released the compound path and deleted the last two rows of the cut file.  Then I regrouped everything, and rotated it just a bit to add a little tilt to the design.


I knew this would allow me to have a lot of the cut file on the layout, but still have some White space on the left hand side to add my photos and title.  Since I've been sick this week, I decided to go the quick and easy route and add a large striped patterned paper behind the cut file.  This gave me a multi-color look, without having to back each individual circle.  And I also used some acrylic paint to add a little color to some of the hearts.

You can find out more about this layout, by checking out the newest Process Video!



And just in case you're wondering what else is in the Shop today, here's a look at all of the sets that have just been added!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe?ref=ss_profile

And don't forget, if you haven't linked up for this month's Cut It Out Challenge, there's still time!  Just create a layout using at least ONE cut file from The Cut Shoppe and link up on the sidebar of the Blog, by midnight on February 28th!  You could win a $10 Gift Certificate to The Cut Shoppe!

Supplies:  Hello Love 12x12 Cut File:  The Cut Shoppe; Patterned Paper, Enamel Dots, Stickers & Ephemera:  Simple Stories; Color Shine:  Heidi Swapp; Acrylic Paint:  Reeves; Flair Buttons:  A Flair for Buttons; Tiny Attacher:  Tim Holtz; Die Cut Machine:  Silhouette Cameo

http://www.ashleyhortondesigns.com/

1 comment: