Sunday, October 25, 2015

New York New York (so good they named it twice)


Hi everyone, Julie back again today sharing a bright layout made using 2 cut files from the shop, the This Way cut file & the AroundThe World Tags cut file.






First I inked a piece of black cardstock with some gold mist & then cut the This Way cut file out of some patterned paper & laid that over the top backing a few of the openings with more patterned paper, I then cut out more arrows & added those on top of the cut file & stitched them down so that they could be lifted up on both sides to give some dimension.




I added another piece of patterned paper to the top half of the page & added a bit of gold texture paste, through a stencil to that. I layered up some papers behind my photos & added those to the left hand side. I then played with the New York tag, I inked it with 3 different Tim Holtz distress inks & added black & gold splatters & backed it with some black card to make the letters stand out.



I finished the page with some small arrows & a bit of washi tape




Thanks so much for taking a look today & I’ll be back with you next month xoxo


2 comments: