Wednesday, April 12, 2017

Home Sweet Home


Hello friends!  Candace here with you to share with you a new project using the Moving on Up cut file. I loved the wood sign that I made at Christmas so much that I decide to make a new sign to hang outside my front door.


I started my project by purchasing a plain wood sign and antique white paint I found at Walmart.  Next, I cut the "Home sweet Home" sentiment from the Moving on Up file out of vinyl. 


I pulled the letters out of the vinyl and left the negative space to paint on the wood.  I applied the vinyl to the wood and burnished it down to help with excess paint going under the vinyl.


After letting the paint dry I pulled the vinyl off and sanded the letters a bit to add to the distressed look of the sign.  To finish off the sign I added black twine to the top and bottom along with a little bow.  

I love the new sign!  I love that I can use any file from the shop an create custom home decor!  Give this a try in your home and let us know how it goes! 

Have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment