Saturday, February 3, 2018

Beautiful Day Mini Album with Kira

Hello again friends!  It's Kira and I am back with something a little different today...a mini album!  I had decided to make my mother in law a mini album for Christmas, but after printing a ridiculous amount of photos, I decided I needed to start making them for her quarterly.



I started by digging through my scrap box for papers.  I had so many beautiful papers in there that I had completely forgot about!  I kept my choices very eclectic since my photos did not follow a specific theme, they were just snapshots of my kids from August 2017 until October 2017.



Since the only "theme" I had in my mini album was the months I took the photos (does that even count as a theme?), I decided to use the Year Round cut file from The Cut Shoppe.  I cut out August, September and October and the circular shape of these cut files inspired the layout of my mini album.



I cut out basic circles sized to 5.5" in the various scrap papers I found in my stash.  I cut the Year Round cut files out at 5" each in textured white cardstock.  Each month got decorated in various ways, hand stitching, machine stitching, lots of texture...you name it.



Since I was sticking with the circular format in my mini album, I looked for more circular cut files to use from The Cut Shoppe.  I loved the fun shapes in the Full Circle cut file and decided to cut a few of those to add to my pages.  One of them I just layered on top of some pattern paper and embellished simply.  I really like the additional texture it adds to the page.



Another page using the Full Circle cut file was backed with a variety of paper scraps and used as more of an accent page to my mini.



I had a few pictures of my son and MIL on some carnival rides so it seemed pretty obvious that I should use the Midway cut file.  I cut out "carnival ride" in some pretty floral paper and machine stitched it to the page.



I wanted as much texture in this mini album as possible, so I cut out the Arrows with Attitude cut file and sized it to 6x6.  I used a tiny bit of adhesive to adhere it to one of the 5.5" pattern paper circles and then machine stitched down each vertical line and all around the edge of the page.  I added a photo and some minimal embellishing.



I created the cover using the "beautiful day" phrase from the Working Title cut file.  I cut it on white textured cardstock and then used watercolors to coordinate with one of the floral papers I was using.  I machine stitched it to a vellum circle to give it some additional texture.



You can see a complete flip through of this mini album here.

Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment: