Thursday, February 15, 2018

New Cut Files | Wild Heart

I love creating unique titles for my layouts...I always feel like it's a substitute for the fact, that I don't use journaling on my layouts.  So I'm happy anytime I have a new font or phrase cut file to work with.  For today's layout, I used the new Trendy Typography cut file set.  It has several phrases to choose from and any of them would look great on your projects!


https://www.etsy.com/listing/580092978/the-trendy-typography-cut-file-includes?ref=shop_home_feat_3


I paired the "Wild Heart" title with the new Pick Me Up collection by Paige Evans from Pink Paislee.  The idea popped in my head to fussy cut the frame paper and use a frame for each letter of the title.  I staggered the frames on the layout, by adding pop dots to the back of some and adhering the others straight to the background paper.  I really like the dimension it adds to the title.  I cut the "Wild Heart" phrase from papers in the 6x6 paper pad and placed them on each frame.




Once I had the title completed, I placed my photo at the bottom of the page and added two more frames, one above the title and one below.  Then I started working in embellishments from the collection.  I used some throughout the title and on the extra frames.  And I always love to layer some type of embellishment over the white space in my photos.


I loved all of the pops of color from the collection over the White card stock background, but wanted to add one more touch of color around the layout.  I cut a scalloped frame from the striped 12x12 paper and then stitched around it for extra texture on the layout.

Head over to The Cut Shoppe Etsy store to pick up the Trendy Typography cut file, as well as the three other new sets that are available!  And make sure you tag us on Social Media anytime you use our cut files on your projects!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/TheCutShoppe

https://ashleyhortondesigns.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment