Monday, April 9, 2018

"Details" with Kira

Hey everyone!  It's Kira and I am back with a super fun interactive layout today!



My husband and I saw an Instagram post about this company called Blind Date with a Book.  It sounded like so much fun, so we each decided to order a book!  And of course I had to scrapbook about our experience.



I took pictures of each of our books before we opened them.  If you are unfamiliar with the concept, the books come wrapped in brown paper with only a few words describing the book inside.  So it is a complete surprise what book you are going to get.



Then I took pictures of each of the books after we opened them.  I decided to create flaps so it would show the wrapped book and then reveal the books we got when you flipped them up.



But onto the cut file I used, right?!  I decided to use the Say The Word cut file  from The Cut Shoppe and title my page "details".  I cut it out on white cardstock and backed it with a pretty floral paper.  Then I stitched around the cut file with white embroidery floss.



I added some mixed media and then placed my photos in a grid design with the tags that were included on the books.  I kept the embellishing to a minimum.  I machine stitched some butterflies directly to my photos to serve as tabs to lift the flaps.



I finished it off with some gold Heidi Swapp color shine and called my page done!

Until next time,


No comments:

Post a Comment