Thursday, April 19, 2018

A Floral Traveler's Notebook Layout | Elsie Robinson

Hey crafty friends, it's Elsie here! I have a Traveler's Notebook page to share with you today, using the gorgeous Flower Garden cut file.

I'm seriously in love with this cut file because of the whimsical flowers and cute title. It's got everything you need in one cut file to easily create a pretty page!

I sized the cut file so it was slightly larger than my TN, which meant it could really make a statement by spanning the entire length and width of the pages. 

I cut the file from white cardstock and used papers from the Maggie Holmes Chasing Dreams collection to back the leaves and flowers.


And I also wanted a couple more clusters of flowers in the bottom corners. To do this I duplicated the cut file and used the knife tool to separate some of the flowers and leaves. I didn't bother neatening up the edges with the eraser or point editing tools, because I knew I would be trimming the offcuts once the flowers were glued onto my page.


Although neatening up the edges would be a good idea if you wanted to cut the title separately on some patterned paper, for example. But for this page I kept the title white and used a woodgrain background which helped make the title stand out.


This page was so fun to put together, and even if TN's aren't your thing, you can easily follow this design on any kind of crafty project!

Have a great day everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment