Friday, April 13, 2018

Framed Mum Shaker Card | Helen Gullett

Hello everyone... Helen is here today sharing my first project as The Cut Shoppe Design Team. I am so excited and thankful for this opportunity to create with Ashley's cutting files and be part of her amazing team.

For today project, I created this Framed Mum Shaker Card using the Mums The Word cutting file and Friends Forever cutting file.


I started with creating the Framed Mum panel. I opened the Mums The Word file using Silhouette Design Studio Designer Edition. The file is in PNG, so I created a cutting line for the flower by tracing it with Trace Tool. After that, I selected it and then created compound path for the flower.


Next step is to crate the frame. I drew 2 squares (5" and 4.5") and I created compound path for both squares. I dragged the flower to the front of the square frame. I resized the flower to slightly bigger than the small square. The line have to be overlapping each and then I clicked Weld. And we get the Framed Mum flower and I cut it with my Silhouette Cameo using Heavyweight White Cardstock.


I then open the Friends Forever cutting files, I resized the words and cut them with my Silhouette Cameo. 

For the background of the shaker card, I created a watercolored background. I added the Distress Inks on craft mat, sprayed it with water, dipped the watercolor paper, and I dried the color with craft heater on each time I dipped into the ink. I trimmed the watercolored panel into 5" squares.

I still have some orange and yellow ink left on the craft mat, so I dipped the SMILE letters into the ink to add colors to them. Once they dried, I added some dries clear adhesive glue and dipped them into fine clear glitter for the extra sparkle on them :)

It is time to put the card together. First I added the vellum paper on the Framed Mum panel, and then I added foam tape all round it. I sprinkled some of the sequins and fine glitter on it and then I added the watercolor background panel on top of it with dries clear adhesive glue.

I added the shaker box on the 5.5" squares card with lots of adhesive and then I added the sentiment on it. I finished the card by wrapping around some Natural Twine Ribbon on top of the card.

My card is done. Here are the files that I use on my project today:



I hope this give you an inspiration to create with The Cut Shoppe cutting files! Have you checked the new cutting files at the store yet? They are amazing! You'll love them.

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!


No comments:

Post a Comment