Sunday, April 22, 2018

Yay! Layout with Neftali

Welcome crafty lovers, it is Neftali Zambrano here for the first time on The Cut Shoppe Blog! I am so honored to be here along with the awesome talent that surrounds me on this team. I hope that my layouts and project this term inspire you all to get to your crafty havens and get creative with some super awesome cut files! So, let's begin! 

I'm here today to share my first layout, and because I am so happy to be here, I decided to keep on with the celebrations of getting on the team and I decided to create a layout celebrating it! 

Here it is:


I went all out using so many fun techniques for this layout, so keep reading! 

I started off by choosing the Flutterby cut file from this month's first release. I've noticed many of us using it this time, but how could you not? If there's butterflies and a wreath all in one, I'm sold! 

I cut it to fit an 8 1/2 by 11 sheet and added some fun silver texture paste from Vicki Boutins new line on top of the whole cut file, giving it a subtle silver sheen.

I then set up the base for my layout on white cardstock by using some watercolors to add some bright pops of pink, yellow, and teal in a circle shape to sit my wreath on. 


After that was done and dry, I stitched each butterfly carefully onto the page. This not only helped me stick down the cut file, but it also added a bit of texture to each of the butterflies' bodies. I just curved up each one's wings after I stitched them down to give them that awesome raised look!


I had some fun using a new stamp set I'd just picked up at a craft store to create the floral pieces you see on the image below. I kept to the same color scheme by stamping with two shades of pink, yellow, and a soft mint color.

I added the florals in two clusters: one to the top right of my photo, and one to the bottom left of the photo.


Some final embellishments that I added were some Paige Evan's wood veneers from her very first collection (remember that?), a bit of thread to add a bit more texture, and finally some bits of stamping in two spots around my photo.


The final step was to back my layout onto the prettiest Paige Evan's patterned paper from her Turn The Page collection, and some stitching. I added my title, "YAY!" In some cute Amy Tangerine puffy thickers right below my image.

And so, friends, that is how I created this awesome layout celebrating making it onto this awesome team! I am very excited to have grabbed this idea to make a layout using the DT announcement photo from so many gals in Instagram. 

I hope that you enjoyed my very first project using the Flutterby cutfile from the shoppe! I will be back in just a couple of days to share more crafty inspiration with you all. Thanks for stopping by, until next time!





No comments:

Post a Comment